DISCLAIMER: This article is an opinion based upon facts, and by the very nature of opinions may be agreed or disagreed with.
Last July 29, 2006, I watched Courage Under Fire. I was brought to tears, not because of the feeling of sadness but because of the manifestation of man's ability to transcend all feelings of difficulty, guilt, and transcending the absence of life itself to become the epitome of God's image.
We always look at the darker things in life, more specifically at what is absent in our lives, like the expression that "the grass is always greener on the other side." We do it so much that we forget about what is present in our lives. Counting blessings, I believe, is what we need to do.
Such is the duality of reality. There are those who say that there is no God, and even I, as a Christian, have asked the question "God if you love me so much, why can't I feel, see, your love here for me in times of despair and sorrow?" I must say that such a proposition, although maybe the slightest bit formally valid, is materially invalid. It's like saying that there is such a thing as death, when in fact it is just the absence of life. There is no death; it is something that we call as the absence of life; but what is not debatable is the fact there is actually something that is called "life". Thus we go back to the existence of the Supreme Being, albeit, God. If in all our experiences in this world we have not seen, felt, heard God does that mean that He does not exist? After tested and empirical methods of proving of the existence of such have all gone awry, does this mean that God does not exist? It's just like saying that there is no such thing as darkness, or death, or even cold!
There is no such thing as darkness, only the absence of light. There is no such thing as cold, only the absence of heat. We may quantify light, or heat. We may find out if something is living; but there is no such way to find out if something is dead unless we base it on the absence of life! We may say that a place is dark and without light; but there is no actual means to measure darkness, only the light which is absent! We may say that it is heat, little heat, or no heat; but all of these things are bound by the presence or absence of one thing and one thing alone, heat!
Therefore is there no God? If you still believe so then I have wasted my time writing my heart out to you when you yourself have no proof of such but only the "absence" of God in your life because you simply do not open your eyes! So dark is the con of man!
I'm totally with you, man!
ReplyDeleteHow about this...
There's no such thing as the Devil, because there is no such thing as the absence of God!
Dude, that's a certified thought provoker!
ReplyDelete