In HIS Name we play-- what started out as a derivative of a usual ending to a Christian prayer has become the new battle cry of Wood of Christ (YFC MisOr Provincial Band). Other battle cries I know: "Basta Ikaw Lord", "Sayaw ta Lord"-- I guess ours is for musicians and others applicable. I am still in awe of such profound words-- as a musician and Christian, I couldn't find any better way to describe what I do as a member of such a band.
Let me be frank yet prudent as possible-- I am not a Bible-thumping Christian. I am what people stereotype as a "liberated" Christian. This is what I do, and love to do and hope to continue to do-- make music for Jesus.
For those who may find me bloated, let me then tell you that I admit to not having the best musical skills and talent-- there are thousands of others better than me. I do not like to make everyone know that I am part of this band for the sake of making others know per se; but what I try to do in every "gig", is play in His Name and for His Name and for His Name only; but also having fun while doing it.
I would just like to express this effervescent high that I'm experiencing right now and let the world know that God loves you!
pawir!
ReplyDelete