Well, not exactly me; just my wisdom tooth.
So I have been contemplating the event way before last week, and I knew it was going to hurt, bad; but what really happened was not what I expected. Tension and anxiety have been building to make a terrible combination as I asked around if it really does hurt. Well, I got the answer, and it was not what I was looking for. It would hurt real bad, and I would have to spend nights of hunger and pain; but really that's for another blog.
There I was, sitting on the patient's chair all juiced up with anesthesia, the dentist was drilling away at the horizontally impacted tooth. At the back of my mind it was like some sort of mission control from a very cheesy sci-fi flick.
All systems normal-- no pain felt, yet.
So everything went without pain until the first attempt to remove my tooth. The dentist tried to lift the tooth; but then lost grip on the tooth, then the worst happened-- the tooth turned over.
Houston, we are experiencing some tremors but all systems are still go.
Then I felt it-- pain. Little did I know that I would be in for more pain since the tooth was rather thick and the dentist would have a hard time cutting through it.
Houston, there's been a hull breach and ---*static*
Now the dentist had to work from scratch and start drilling the other side of my tooth.
So after five painful failed attempts, a broken high-speed drill, 6 shots of anesthesia, some tears, and a whole lot of PAIN, I finally rejoiced with a very loud "amen". (!)
Sometimes, when something clings to you, whether unwanted or not, it hurts when it is suddenly, forcibly removed. That was just a tooth, what if it was something with much more sentimental value?
Maybe it's just me but it did hurt a lot. No offense meant to the dentist as she is very much qualified to do what she does, and I have faith in her skillz. :D
One out, three to go. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment