I wrote testimonials as a writing exercise to compensate for my ever present absence of english subjects in my curriculum and here's what I found: very few people write back even if the testimonials written for them came from the heart. Not that I was expecting testimonials from the people I made but that simply they do not know much about me that maybe they could not make substantial testimonials as what my good friend Ozzie would write and I quote "
*ahem*
-----------------------
Hi [insert name here]! How are u? Hope you're fine... Hehehe...
Kani bitaw siya ky buang2x kaayo... Hilomon kuno... Hehehe joke joke joke!
Gwapa DAW... Hehehe joke lang! Charmose...
Uhm... Beh... Wala man ko ma say, pero ingon lng ko na good friend au si [insert name here]... Loyal kau...
Hope you all the best in life... Good luck sa tanan... God bless! Mwahugs!
-----------------------
(end of sickening cliche testimonial)
Jeez, can't testimonials be any more original?!?"
I couldn't agree with him more. I personally believe that people who make these kinds of testimonials have nothing substantial to say other than the superificial hoo-haas that everybody else so conveniently puts on their testimonials.
"We are oft to blame in this. Tis too much proved that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself." This isn't even finished yet so expect edits.
funny you brought this up Jay...you know, I totally agree...that's one of the reasons why I don't give out testimonials that easily...i really need to get to know the subject first before wrting down anything...i don't like to be with the OK-THEY-ASK-SO-I-WILL-GIVE-THEM-A-TESTI guys...I'd like my testimonials to be treated as 'something'...different... try viewing my friend Weng's profile...she's got a testi from me...i dunno why i'm asking you to do so, but if you've got time just check it out...OOOPS!!! sorry for the very long comment...LoL...i just like savouring the moment when it's still there...LoL...
ReplyDeletePS: I hope I won't offend anyone with this but I really don't like receiving testi's that's ain't got nothin' to REALLY REALLY DO with...sigh...sorry again...
I totally Agree with you bro! Testimonials now have their common ideas, if there's any! hahaha! Dont let it get to you...keep doing what your doing! you doing great!
ReplyDeletepeace!
Yup yup... To all you dumb testi-give-away-erz out there, let me say this...
ReplyDeleteIf you've got nothing original to say, better say nothing at all!
Heeheehee...
I totally agree. I wrote many testimonials, and it came from m y heart. Yet, I still dont receive any.T__T
ReplyDelete