Boredom. Computers. People playing DotA.
Can anyone imagine a more blissful place? HELL YEAH!
The room was lit by flourescent lamps with a rather olden frame signifying that the place was at least twenty years old. The humming of the air conditioner was gently blowing a cool yet machinated breeze that tasted too much of the unnatural. The constant clicking of mouses and the occasional space key presses are beginning to take toll on my nerves. Am I to spend the rest of my life in front of the computer rotting because that is what my course entails-- using a computer?
I have been asking that very same question these past few months and have been thinking: "why computer science?" There are so many other courses that I would have excelled in and yet I chose this course; and for what reason? At first I kept telling myself that it would be easier since the most if not all of the teachers there used to be colleagues of my mom and dad, but that was not a valid reason. I also told myself that the course would come off easier on me than other people since I have been using a computer since I was two years old. Then I realized that that too, may also be an invalid reason.
Again, my philosophy teacher comes into my mind saying the same thing over and over again: "Logic is the study of correct thinking."
Have I thought wrong? Did I not give my course enough thought during the time that was allowed me? Am I to spend the rest of my days rotting in front of a computer screen? I certainly hope not. Maybe I'm overthinking the whole situation and I should just continue what I started. Someone help PLEASE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment