It's always hard to say goodbye to someone. Recently I just received a text message that my very good friend's boyfriend just died. I know, I know, at first glance such messages are totally unbelievable; but I made it a point not to bother her anymore than she already is by insisting on asking for more details.
The next thing I knew I was singing my heart out in my room clearly ignoring the fact that I have neighbors and that they may already be very well asleep. It's hard to say goodbye. I know that sounded corny, but sometimes those that sound the corniest may actually be the truest things in the world.
My cousin had experienced the same thing and I must say that must have been an awful experience. To have a loved one for one minute and the next second, poof! They become part of the glory of days past.
Life will always have the occasional storm, but even a storm has spiritual implications:
1. Everything can change overnight.
2. Only those who are deeply rooted will survive.
With that said, it's better to live everyday like it's your last. Let us fix our broken relationships, conquer that obstacle, appreciate the blessings that we have been given, for we may never get another chance.
I can only offer my condolences to my friend, whom I can't be with because I'm leaving early in the morning for Manila. I hope she will be able to read this.
corny is cool. ^_^
ReplyDeleteraptured_light.blogs.friendster.com