Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Culture

I have been most alarmed by the increasing number of people who are absoulutely arrogant embodiments of moronism.  That's right MORONISM.  It's an actual word.  To make things easier for you, I've taken the liberty of "copy+pasting" the definition:



MORONISM n.
offensive term: a former term for somebody with significant learning
difficulties and impaired social skills, now considered offensive (dated
offensive
)



Microsoft® Encarta® 2006. © 1993-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.







I'm sorry if you're offended.  The very nature of the term is offensive in nature really.  But I'm not talking/writing/typing about you... hopefully.(minute chances of that happening given my reader base.)



I am thoroughly alarmed because people have had the gall to commit unprovoked acts of destruction, well, not really destruction but more of humiliation and deprecation that victims have begun to think that they brought this upon themselves. Remember people that the ones who have the last say are the ones who ACTUALLY MAKE THE CHOICE.



Yes, the problem is choice.  To be a moron or not to be a moron-- THAT IS THE QUESTION!  Of course, I'm not going to impose upon you a "false dilemma", do feel free to disprove me by inserting another option.



Many have already started living the culture of death-- no, I'm not talking about goths or death metal, these are merely expressions of feelings.  The culture of death I'm talking about, is helping people die rather than helping them live; and this isn't limited to the one-time-big-time acts.  This includes the little things, like backbiting, insulting, embarassing other people to name a few.



It's time to live the culture of life. Pay it forward.  Who knows?  You might just save somebody's life.

5 comments:

  1. Jay, live and let live means live one's life and mind one's own business. That's not exactly a pay-it-forward kind of attitude. By the way, its commit or do unprovoked acts, not make. You can't "make" an act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remembered a male friend of mine once called me a moron. of course i was pissed so i called him a faggot. not merely out of anger cos i really saw him as one. we havent talked to each other ever since.
    'moron' is a very serious term. at least to me it is. do not use it casually in an act of false accusation under any circumstances cos somebody might get hurt and it could be the ones who propose it, not surprisingly.
    The bottom line is, as long as you know what you’re talking about, it’s fine. But when you say things just to welcome chaos, then prepare yourself. There are an increase in the number of smart people in the world too. Hahah.
    urr, to be a moron or not to be a moron? this world needs balance, i dont wanna be one, but some of us have to. hehe. let them be. cos i just cant imagine this world without morons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually about acceptance...a lot of people feel "suffering" in going through these things because they can't accept it...the thing for most people is that they have this knack to always catch things thrown to them, even if it's "deadly" or in other term: it hurts; and yet they blame other people for what happened...only a few people actually dodge these deadly acts and get on with their life or still face these things and still get on with their life...end of story...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. "end of story" I like that one.

    ReplyDelete