I'm waving my finger for everyone to see. That's right! I be a wee bit too angry for the safety of the "sovereign Filipino people imploring the aid of Almighty God".
With that said, I am pissed off. I'm so sick and tired of people who simply complain about what's wrong with the government without actually doing anything about it! It shows a clear manifestation of the slavery to the shackles of history and the chains of colonial mentality.
If the people who simply sit at their couches watching the news ask "what's happening to the country?". WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! The news is not there to be commented on, but to take action in knowledge thereof! Is it just me, or does the fact that my teacher does NOT UNDERSTANDING SIMPLE ENGLISH pushing me further off the cliff?
I mean, my political science teacher, thinks she's all that in a very arrogant and pompous manner, asks questions but doesn't understand my answers. I've been trying my best to be circumspect in my replies, but do I have to adopt the accent of the improper "Filipino" accent for the English language? Or do I have to mispronounce the words just to get through to her?
And what about essays? My GOD, have MERCY UPON ME! Must I be excessively verbose to the point that I have to beat around the bush just to get full points?? Hasn't the woman learned of the saying "more matter, less art"??? I'm thoroughly pissed enough as it is that I have to look at my test results, and look at another person's result only to find that person gets higher marks because of beating around the bush in an excessively undeliberated sort of manner manifesting a lack of vocabulary and class!
She continues to rant about how the students should participate more because we're paying for the class hours; but then WHEN I ASK THE QUESTIONS, she doesn't even give me a decent enough answer! Oh, if I could only take arms 'gainst this sea of trouble! Talk about a language barrier, this is the worst one I've encountered yet!
haha... You know what? I can totally imagine what you're talking about. (excuse me if I don't use the same words that you do) That's the big problem with the educational system in the Philippines. Too much talk, no action. SOmehow people believe that talking about it in great context shows intelligence and reflection but it's not always that way. What's the use of mentioning so many things that doesn't really matters, right? What subject is this anyway?
ReplyDeleteI just reread my comment above and realized that there were a lot 'errors'. So, don't make fun of me cuz I realize my mistakes. :)
ReplyDeleteoh, also... I didn't think you'd have a problem with beating around the bush. I mean, it seems like you have a lot of words to go around anyway... :) hehe...
ReplyDelete"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, that are dreamt of in your philsophy" -Billy Shakespeare
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on this one Jay..as my grandfather always used to say "No ID No Entry!"..oh wait that doesnt make any sense at all.^_^ but since we're talking about the Educational System of our humble nation, I guess it doesnt really matter.^_^ anyways back to your complaint.. Mr. Sasoy if I may contradict, you said that your teacher always trying to pull you down and does not really response well whenever you explain such matters to her questions, well boHoo! Mr. Sasoy this is in fact a simple situation to resolve, remember that we Filipinos are born intellectuals, but i do respect your point of view, but I beseech you, that the next time some teacher of yours pushes you and force you to beat around the bush, well do it the other way around..why dont you beat her to death?..im just kiddin soy..hehehe..anyways you take it easy there alright?
ReplyDeletewe are in the same situation Jay...the thing is, it's not PolSci though...I don't know who's worse but I think if you'll encounter our teacher, you'll be pissed off as hell...
ReplyDeleteRight-o!!!
ReplyDeleteOur big-headed, smart-ass PolSci teacher isn't really any better.